• Abstracts should be a maximum of 300 words with no graphics content. The abstract should provide a basic summary of your poster or oral presentation.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
• Posters will be displayed on the upper level of the convention center in Point Saint-Anne C & D as well as in the adjacent east atrium area.
• Posters will be on display throughout the meeting, but poster presenters should be present at their posters to answer questions during the main poster sessions scheduled Monday May 30th and 31st from 15:30-17:00. The Exhibits Floor Plan shows the poster board areas.
• The maximum poster size is 42 inches by 42 inches (107 cm x 107 cm). Poster presenters are responsible for hanging and removing their own posters. Velcro fastener supports will be provided. Please hang your poster on the assigned numbered board to allow grouping by theme.
• Posters should be up by 10:30 am on Monday May 30th for the first poster session and 10:30 am Tuesday May 31st for the second poster session. Posters should be removed by 13:00 on Thursday June 2nd. Posters not removed by this time will be discarded.
• Prizes will be awarded by CMOS for the best student poster in Oceanography, the best student poster in Meteorology and best overall poster.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
***Please review the CMOS Presentation Guidelines***
• Each oral presentation has been allotted 15 minutes, including 12 minutes for presenting and 3 minutes for questions/comments. Some invited speakers have been allotted 30 minutes total and plenary speakers have been allotted 45 minutes total.
• ***Please arrive well ahead of time (30 minutes is suggested)*** to your session to ensure your presentation can be loaded on to the session computer from your USB drive before the session begins.
• ***Please ensure you also bring a pdf version of your presentation*** in case there are any compatibility issues with your presentation software
Naming presentation files
• All file and folder names should contain your Last Name followed by First Name then Abstract ID.
• The following file types are acceptable for oral presentations:
- PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Adobe Reader (.pdf)
PowerPoint embeds image files directly into the file when you save them, while video files are not embedded. Only a link is made to the video file. Copy the video clips you want to insert into the same folder as the PowerPoint file before linking them into your presentation. This will eliminate the problem of PowerPoint losing the link to the file. Be sure you upload both the video files and the PowerPoint files to your USB drive. Video/audio can also be played independently of PowerPoint using the VLC media player, which supports various formats (e.g. .wmv, .mpg,.avi, .mov, etc.). Please prepare your files accordingly.
Computer and A/V Equipment
Using your own computer will not be possible. All meeting rooms will be equipped with a Windows 10 based PC with MS Office 2010, QuickTime, VLC media player, Windows media player, and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please remember to verify proper performance of your presentation in advance, particularly if it includes audio, video, or animation files. Internet access will be available during your presentation. Each session room will be equipped with a screen, LCD projector, timer, laser pointer and lectern with wired microphone.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to the SPC Chair:
Finally, ***DO NOT FORGET TO REGISTER FOR THE CONGRESS and WORKSHOPS***